"To honor and glorify the Lord by providing excellent customer service based on our Christian values"
How It Works
To lease with MAG Carriers, you will need to submit our application with all required documents. Please be sure to follow the instructions on the application to expedite the processing of it. As soon as you have submitted your application, please forward a copy of your drivers license, social security card, medical card, and current copy of your MVR.
We lease owner operators who have their own truck, with or without a trailer, and wish to run totally independent, even though they are running under our authority. You find your own loads and negotiate your own rates. That means you decide where you're going, how much money you're going for and how long you're going to be gone. You are in complete control. If you have the initiative and skills to run your own business, we are the right company for you!
George Hayes dedicated this company to the Lord Jesus Christ and we operate under His authority! Our objective is to provide exceptional service based on our Christian values. We strive to display integrity to everyone we encounter, ranging from brokers to truck stop attendants. We do not condone foul language, outbursts of anger, rude behavior or dishonesty. If you do not believe that you are capable of fulfilling this objective, we are not the right company for you.
This Is Our Overall Process...
Once you have agreed on a load, you will let your broker know that you are leased with MAG Carriers, LLC and they will send us the rate confirmation directly. They will fax or email their rate confirmation sheet to our office, we will run a credit check on them and go over the rate sheet with you to be sure it includes all of the information that you agreed upon, such as mileage, rate, weight, commodity, destination and special instructions. After we confirm with you that the rate sheet is accurate, we will sign and fax it back to your broker to let them know that you are ready to pull the load. If the rate sheet is not exactly as you and your broker discussed, it is strongly recommended that you contact the broker and request that they revise the sheet and re-submit it.
- If you have picked up your load and realize that you need financing for the delivery trip, you may fax the bill of lading in to our office as proof of pick up and we will advance up to 40% of the gross pay for the load onto your EFS fuel card, which you will be assigned with your lease.
- Once you have completed your load, you just send the required trip paperwork to our office, and, whatever required trip paperwork we receive by 6pm on Tuesday, you will be paid for on Friday. Payday is every Friday.
MAG Carriers, LLC Is Responsible For...
Computing and filing your fuel taxes, maintaining your drug program, maintaining all of your logs and required DOT files. Our Load Attendants will take care of the faxing and paperwork for all of the loads that you book. We also handle all of the billing and collecting from your brokers and shippers. All this, in addition to paying you within 3 days and providing the authority, is what we do for our 10% fee.
Your Financial Responsibilities Are...
Associated with operating your equipment. For example, it is necessary that you have your own base plates. You will also assume all responsibility for maintenance and repairs for your equipment. We believe it is essential that you set finances aside for those unexpected repairs and maintenance costs.
Concerning Bobtail And Physical Damage Insurance...
You have the option to obtain this through MAG Carriers, LLC and it will be deducted from your settlements, or you may provide your own bobtail and physical damage insurance. Bobtail insurance is $25/month. Physical damage estimates are .00151 of the gross value of your equipment plus tax. Please fill out the form in the application packet if you are interested in MAG Carriers, LLC acquiring this coverage for you.
It Will Be Necessary For You To Reimburse MAG Carriers, LLC For...
Initial lease expenses and other expenses for the operation of your equipment. Below is a list of included expenses:
- Initial Expenses (approximately $350 start up cost plus $1,000 escrow)
- IFTA sticker, NY, NM and KY permits
- Pre-employment drug test
- OOIDA membership (unless you're already a member)
- CMCI drug program (OOIDA drug consortium)
- MAG decals and DOT #s
- Inquiry reports (Criminal history, cred and DAC)
- Escrow account
- Fuel taxes-cost varies
- IFTA sticker, NY, NM and KY permits
- Drug program
- OOIDA membership
The initial lease finances will be deducted from your settlements during the first 3 months with MAG Carriers, LLC. Here is an overview of how this is handled: during your first 2 weeks leased with us, we will deduct $100 per week to cover the stickers, testing, decals, lettering, membership and permits. Then, weeks 3 through 12 (10 weeks total), we will deduct $100 per week to build your escrow account. In addition, there is a weekly deduction of $154.98 for the cargo and liability insurance and our 10% fee. If you choose to take our Occupational Accident or Bobtail and Physical Damage coverage this will also be deducted from your settlements.
MAKE SURE YOUR LOAD IS PAYING ENOUGH FOR YOU TO MAKE MONEY...
Plan out your route before your trip begins; consider when and where you will stop for breaks and to purchase fuel. Also, calculate the estimated fuel cost, toll roads, pallet exchange, special permits, escort fees and lumper fees. Many of these are definitely negotiable! The ability to negotiate is essential in order to ensure you are profitable.
- A laptop and Internet service is not required, but you will find it to be extremely useful when searching for loads. If you are not familiar with load boards and how they work, it may be a good idea to check them out. Many load boards are free of charge, while others require membership fees, but none of them will prove to be handy if you aren't constantly watching them!
- Finding your own freight is a large responsibility; please think this over seriously. We encourage our owner operators to contact us with any questions or when they find themselves in areas of the trucking business where they may be unsure. We will assist you in any way possible to ensure your profitability.
- There are a few commodities that we do not haul so please keep in mind: NO hazmat, NO autos, NO livestock, NO boats, NO liquor, NO people.
- Also, it is IMPERATIVE that you do NOT disconnect from your trailer at any time while loaded.
Concerning Rate Sheets...
If the travel distance or weight is listed, this is only an ESTIMATION. It is your responsibility to calculate the actual mileage for the trip; it is also your responsibility to allow yourself room for variance regarding the weight. For example, if the load is estimated at 40,000 pounds, you should plan that it may be anywhere between 38,500-41,500 pounds.
- Once you tell a broker you are going to take a load, you have given them your word. For MAG Carriers, your word is all that is required to bind you to that load. Once you've agreed to pull a load, have the broker send the confirmation to our office. Ask the broker/shipper to put your name/truck number on to this confirmation; this helps us to identify it quickly.
Your paperwork MUST arrive at our office by the end of the business day each Tuesday in order for you to be paid Friday, 3 days later. If your paperwork arrives here later than Tuesday, you will be paid for those loads on the following Friday, 10 days later. The only exception to this rule is if we are able to track your package and confirm that it should have arrived to our office on time.
- Occasionally, our owner operators request that we advance more than the agreed 40% of the load. In this case, we charge 5% for the advance over 40%. Please remember to calculate this with repayment.
- And be aware that we do not allow our owner operators to receive advances from the brokers; only WE are authorized to provide advances to you. If an advance is requested and/or received from a broker, MAG Carriers will charge you 5% for the advance received.
- Whether or not you decide to turn your paperwork in weekly or bi-weekly, the cargo and liability insurance is charged weekly. Cargo and liability insurance is $154.98 per week, so if you turn your paperwork in to our office every 2 weeks, there will be 2 weeks of insurance deducted from your settlement, which is $309.96.
- Occupational Accident Insurance is now required on all Owner Operators. This is to protect you in case of an on the job accident or injury. This insurance is $31.15 a week. This is also like your cargo and liability insurance. If you only turn in your paperwork every 2 weeks, there will be 2 weeks of this insurance deducted from your settlement. You may choose to purchase this through us or you may purchase your own policy.
A referral bonus of $500 will be paid to any driver who refers an Owner Operator or Company Driver to MAG that leases on and completes 3 months.
Reasons For Possible Termination Of Lease Agreement
MAG Carriers, LLC takes customer service very seriously. For this reason, any disrespect, rude behavior or foul language towards brokers, shippers, receivers and our office staff could be grounds for immediate termination.
- Dropping a load or refusing to pick up a load after it has been confirmed is not excusable. Under extreme circumstances, such as an accident or mechanical breakdown, contact your broker first, then MAG Carriers, LLC to notify us and arrange alternate plans for the load to be transported.
- Falsifying your logs can result in immediate termination! To maintain accurate logs, you MUST report any and all stops lasting more than 8 minutes, including fuel stops. When comparing your logs to our reports, the log time must be within 30 minutes and the logged miles must be within 50 miles to be considered accurate.
Please feel free to contact Tina Gonzales at 706-699-7043, ext. 2418, if you have any questions concerning the application process. Once we have received your application, we will begin processing it immediately.